SFS offers end-to-end solar solutions that make sense financially, environmentally and socially.
Through a key manufacturing partner, you – the customer – are getting solar panels that come directly from our manufacturing plant. This means no middle-men and a cost-effective cost-per-watt rate. The plant has a potential 800 megawatt annual capacity which offers engineering benefits of vertical integration and the cost saving from an economy of scale. The plant operates in a fully automated manufacturing line, which reduces human contact which is the leading source of defects. Fewer defects mean higher quality, fewer headaches and lower total cost, all of which benefit our customers.
The products we offer incorporate “thin film multi-junction amorphous silicon technology“, which provide numerous benefits. The source materials are relatively inexpensive, widely available and non-toxic. It has a proven track record – with a 10 year manufacturing history.
Several new improvements have been made to this technology:
- A proprietary encapsulation seals out water.
- There is a tough polymer back coating that provides insulation, scratch resistance and UV protection.
- The panels have a monolithic interconnect (via laser scribing) – no cells to tab, solder, and assemble.
- They are frameless – nowhere for rain, snow, and dirt to snag, and less expensive to ship and install.
- Connections are aluminum in order to avoid corrosion. The end result is a panel that has half the cost and half the weight of two sheets of glass with EVA.
With a privately operated R&D campus, technologies are constantly being enhanced and designing for the next generation photo voltaic panels.